2008/07/31

Undefined method domdocument:load() in Moodle 1.9

Hello my faithful followers, I hope there remained some after so long blogging hiatus. You know, been busy ;). New fulltime work, less time for Moodle. But now I am preparing upgrade to Moodle 1.9 for my installations, so I plan to blog more about various things I'll met on the road to new shiny Moodle :).

I am going to start right now. I am using XAMPP package on my development machine, currently had installed
1.6.7 version. XAMPP is really easy to install, you are good to go in any time. This time I plan some tweaking, multiple virtual hosts with different documents root etc., but this is for another post (after I make it work ;)).

I downloaded current Moodle 1.9 version through CVS, started to install it, but just after few steps I have been rewarded with this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method domdocument:load() in \lib\xmldb\classes\XMLDBFILE.class.php on line 85


This has been easy prey, luckily. After quick googling I found this thread on moodle.org.

In short, it is XAMPP fault, php_domxml.dll extension is making ruckus. For this time being I solved it as is written in mentioned thread, I have found currently loaded php.ini (with phpinfo.php script - it is present in xampp installation), added ";" before line extension=php_domxml.dll, saved php.ini and restarted apache.

Installation is working now, I will try to look into this extension problem more, if I will find more informations about it.

So, that's all for today, see you next time :)

1 comment:

gunsan said...

thanks for your tips.... it's very usefull for me!!